About 14 years ago, when I was in the early stages of my online business journey, I knew I wanted to start a business with Internet marketing, but I wasn’t sure where to begin. I had just finished university, and moved back into the guest house on my mom‘s property by the beach in San Diego in order to save money.
I spent $3500 on a program called “mainstreet marketing” that helped me to create a productized Service that I could sell to small business owners.
Then I spent another $2000 on a training by Eben Pagan — a legendary internet marketer who also goes by the name of “David Deangelo” who has sold hundreds of millions in the early days of online information products.
What Eben had done so well is that he studied all of the great traditional marketers, such as Claude Hopkins and David Ogilvy like his life depended on it… and applied all of those principles of sales and marketing psychology to Internet marketing on a youthful generation of internet users.
In his training courses, Eben teaches the most important fundamentals of internet copywriting… such as creating a customer avatar, understanding their problems better than they understand those themselves, and coming up with what he calls a “mistakes report.”
One of the first things you learn when you use any artificial intelligence tool, such as chat GPT, is that the quality of your results depends upon the quality of the input you give the tool.
- Download the extension Glasp (glasp.co). It’s a free tool for Chrome that allows you to use Chat GPT in new and innovative ways.
- Go to YouTube on your computer and do a quick search. Try to look for the mistakes that your target market is making. For example, if you are a relationship therapist, you might search for “mistakes husbands make.” Other examples might be “mistakes parents make,” or “mistakes investors make,” or “mistakes cat owners make.” This format can really apply to any target market or group of people.
- Glasp will add a new icon to your YouTube window that says “View AI summary” when you hover over it.
- The transcript of the video will be instantly and automatically sent to ChatGPT, which will summarize the contents for you.
- You can then use this transcript as a starting point for Chat GPT to create your “mistakes report” and go to work to start generating leads.
Eben says that any time you can describe a person’s problem even better than they can, they unconsciously assume that you know the answer. Showing that you understand the problem demonstrates credibility and shows them that you have been there yourself.
Never has it been easier to identify these mistakes and problems and use them to start generating leads very quickly, thanks to AI.